Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Kitty Socks


I apologize for the lousy picture; I had to snap it Monday morning as Meg was walking out the door to go to preschool. She's wearing the "Easy Children's Socks" from Knitting Pure and Simple, in No No Kitty's "Hair." And her Regia boots, to show them off! (She seems to really not care that I'm making her something, but when I finally give it to her she's so excited-- it makes all the work (and even the lack of enthusiasm) worth it!) Maybe she's taken a lesson from my mom. Mom's Queensland "Vincent" sweater is still on the needles, waiting. Mom has no doubt learned by now NOT to be excited about something I'm making for her b/c it may take me YEARS to finish.

The pattern was very, very easy-- I've got the basics of sock-making down now, so maybe it's time to branch out and try a more difficult pair! (I thought about signing up for Sockapaloooza this time; I'm not really a beginner but not quite talented enough to run with the big dogs, so maybe NEXT time I'll have the courage to do it. Does anyone have a suggestion for an intermediate pattern to try? Please let me know!)

I'm going to give old "Vincent" some attention today. Maybe I'll even have a progress picture to post-- Mom will be so happy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Brynne said...

There was a beginner's category, you totally should have done it! Besides, you're an incredible knitter -- we need to work on your knitting confidence, I see.

I'm with you on the Cotolino knitting. Color A, color B, color C, A, B, C, will it EVER end???

12:32 PM  
Blogger traveling knitter said...

Great socks!!!! I have the same apprehension about joining sockopoolza too.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

lov'em! they are great, i love those see through shoes from regia too :)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Meg's socks are so cute! I love that she has see-through shoes to show them off in!

3:16 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Those boots are adorable!! I agree with Brynne, you are SOOO not a newbie.

Amy

10:06 AM  
Blogger Lissa said...

thank you so much for you visit to my blog! i'm starting to get really excited about this exchange! I love the plastic see through boots! now that i know you are here, i will definatly be visiting more often!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home