Monday, January 16, 2006

Blog Revisited

You know, it gives me such a thrill to check in with Bloglines and get caught up on everybody's knitting and crafting and such. I hope you all haven't given up on me entirely! This would be the "catch up" blog; I've got lots of pictures and projects and stuff to share!



This would be the beautiful ornament knitted by Brynne that I was fortunate enough to snag at our ornament exchange. The pattern is from Handknit Holidays, with Brynne's own intarsia worked into the pattern. I am so proud to hang it on my tree; it will remind me every year of what wonderful knitting friends I have, and how special (and talented!) Brynne is!



This is an amulet bagI made for my brother's girlfriend, Kelly. It's out of the same yarn (Blue Heron chenille) that I used to make Wendy's hat (Wendy and Kelly were college roommates and are best friends).


And this would be John and Kelly, in the Wooden Nickel. Joey and I went to the Nickel with them after dinner one evening (left the kids with my parents at the house!) It's a cozy place to have drinks and visit, and I really enjoyed getting to know Kelly better! (She's a lawyer, but doesn't seem like one! She wants to be a science fiction editor when she "grows up"-- which Joey loves, as they can talk SciFi talk!-- so I guess she's not a hard core lawyer-type!) Shebought the scarf she's wearing! I'll have to introduce her to the joys (pain?) of being the friend of someone who knits!

On the needles:

Now I'm working on the Irish Hiking Scarf for Katie. It's in a beautiful pink-and-purple hand-dyed yarn from Chile, which she picked out at the yarn store. She has in her possession my first real knitted object ever: a too-long, too-wide scarf out of maroon Lion Brand chenille, in garter stitch, with several dropped stitches threatening to take apart the whole darn thing (and looking pretty trashy as they do!). She says she loves it, will never give it up-- and wears it to school whenever the temperature drops below 70. (I have a great, supportive kiddo, don't I?) I am trying to entice her away from the original scarf with a lovely pink-and-purple cabled scarf (she picked the yarn and the pattern).

I've also got socks for Meg from No No Kitty yarn in "Hair." Unfortunately, the talented lady who dyes the No No Kitty yarn is giving it up because the business grew too fast. (I wish she'd called me. I would've worked for her for yarn. Maybe I would've even settled for getting those beautiful colors on my hands, who knows!) She has a pair of see-thru boots to show off her handknitted socks, so I'm under a lot of pressure to get these finished! (She wore the new boots with ONE new sock and one white sock. How to embarass your slow-knitting mother!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i am still doing the irish hiking scarf too! great chatch up post! hope to see you at the bagel cafe tomm.!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Brynne said...

I love the stories about your girls! They are some of the coolest kids I've ever met. Maybe if John hangs out with you guys enough it'll rub off on him, too.

5:55 AM  
Blogger traveling knitter said...

Way to go, to your daughter! I love supportive fam!!! I didn't know Joey was a sci fi junky! So are we! :)

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home