Saturday, July 23, 2005

A New Pet

Now I'm really junking up my blog. I just adopted a hamster (see below), and I like him a lot. My older daughter really really wants a hamster, and has been on an all-out campaign to convince us that she needs one. (Our fridge is plastered with pictures of a fat-cheeked fellow.) I think she has almost convinced my husband, which is the hardest sell. An 8th birthday present, maybe? The online critter is a happy thing, though-- he's cute, and he smells o.k.!

I put aside the never-ending top-down sweater to start one for which I got yarn ages ago. It's a Berrocco sweater; my mom asked that I make it for her, but substitute the yarns. The yarn gauge seemed "close enough," and as I was a new knitter, I didn't know any better. I did find a website on adusting stitches for differences in gauge, and I'm going to give it a try. I'd love to have it done by her birthday at the end of August.

I've also been working on a needle case (very expensive to buy, not so terrible to make-- if I could sew a straight line!) and playing with fimo with my daughters, so I haven't knitted as much as I would like. Oh- I'm related to two new Tae Kwon Do Green Belts and a Cub Yellow Belt as of today! (That's what I did instead of knit!) Tomorrow we're driving to Forth Worth and back to visit my in-laws; they have a beautiful chair that needs a home, and we're looking forward to the visit. I'll knit in the car, and post pics tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Love the pet!

Can't wait to see the new sweater.

Amy

5:33 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

sam is super cute!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home