Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Slow as Christmas

The socks are coming along s l o w l y; I'm just starting to turn the heel-- haven't had much of a chance to sit and knit today. Posted a picture (below) of my next great knitting adventure. I'm looking forward to starting my flowers shawl (Cherry Hill's "Moody Blues"). Never thought I'd do the lace thing, but I'm looking forward to this project! (Maybe I'll start saving the change under the cushions, afford myself a skein of Lorna's Laces Heaven someday!)

Took Meg to the fabric store today, picked up some fabric to make a case for my DPN's. They're currently rolling around in my Lantern Moon zipper pocket, and they tend to slide out when I open it. I found several online, but figure that the cases I could buy with the money I'm willing to spend aren't as nice as the one I can make. I'll let you know!

I checked out a yoga studio today, too. I took some classes years ago, not long after Katie was born, and really enjoyed them-- but I had to have Mom watch Katie, which became just too far to drive once we moved out to Katy. Joey just started Tae Kwon Do at a really nice place near our house, and plans to go at least three times a week. He says it's a great workout, and he's already making friends there. I can't let him get ahead of me on the fitness thing! We're doing Weight Watchers together, and he's way ahead (they say men do lose it easier!), but I have lost almost 10 lbs. after 5 weeks-- I feel better, no matter what Joey's doing! You know, I never thought of myself as a Weight Watchers "type," but it has been a great experience. I can't believe the stuff I was eating on a regular basis-- enough points to support a 300 lb. person on some days! There haven't been any MAJOR changes; I don't weigh or measure anything (I "eyeball" it), I just make better choices. I guess adding more exercise on a regular basis is a pretty major change, but it doesn't feel like it. Maybe I'll stick with it this time!

Anyway, Yoga West was beautiful-- large, calm, cool room in tans; incense burning (not too strong, though!); natural light-- really nice. I talked one of the owners, Cathy, and she was just wonderful. I'm planning to go to a class tomorrow after I drop Meg off at preschool. I'm really looking forward to starting!

1 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Hey, hey, hey...I see you have your blog up and rollin'.

I've heard the Cherry Tree Hill yarn is heavenly. Can't wait to see the shawl.

Your booties are AWESOME! I am so impressed. I'm sure your friend was as well.

See you Thursday,
Amy

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home