Saturday, April 09, 2005

Just Starting!

I've read so many blogs the last few weeks, that I decided to start my own. I've developed a passion for knitting the last six months, and I've gotten some great ideas and inspiration from the blogs of other knitters. Maybe I'll even get brave and post a few of my projects here!

I just finished a pair of baby booties from the Debby Ware pattern/kit-- the flower booties with bobbles. The project was challenging, and although they certainly do not look professional, I'm delighted that I was able to conquer the pattern! They are a gift for my best friend from high school, Lisa. She has a beautiful new baby girl, Haylee, and I actually finished the darn things before Haylee set off for college! (She's 2 months old now-- I just have to get them in the mail before she outgrows them!)

I started a pair of socks with Lorna's Laces Baltic Sea yarn and the Knitting Pure and Simple pattern; my mom needs a pair of socks that won't show the dirt from her wheelchair maneuvering in Crested Butte, so I'm planning on giving them to her for Mother's Day. I'm chomping at the bit to start a felted change purse (pattern from HelloKnitty.com); think I'll check out Twisted Yarns this afternoon, buy a skein of Noro Kureyon to satisfy my craving for new yarn. If God lets me live long enough to finish all of my projects, I will never die.

I'm also heading to Zebos Coffee shop; I'm hoping that they'll let our NEW KATY MEETUP KNITTING GROUP meet there! For a long time now, I've been worried that I'm the only knitter out here west of Houston, but I'm not! Can't wait to hang out with other knitters, to share tips and inspiration! Anyway, I'm feeding most of my addictions today (yarn, good coffee), so it should be a happy Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home