Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Totally Smitten!


Katie models the mittens I've just finished as a Christmas gift for my sister. They are from Mission Falls' "Smitten" book, the "Advika" pattern. These are knit flat, as opposed to in the round, and were really fairly easy. I had to learn how to crochet-- there are small round mirrors underneath the crocheted rings, and the ruffle at the cuff is a crocheted chain. Pretty easy, I suspect, but my learning curve isn't particularly steep. The Mission Falls superwash wool was fairly easy to knit with; although it had a tendency to split, I suspect that was a problem only b/c of my own lack of expertise. Unfortunately, Mission Falls is no longer manufacturing yarn according to the LYS where I purchased it, so I will have to find a substitution to make any of the other patterns!

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

The mittens are so cute! Never fear about the Mission Falls. I caught wind that there is a new distributor. I called them up and ordered gobs of both the cotton and the wool for the shop this past Thursday.

What a wonderful place to visit. Wish I could have been a stow-a-way.

Amy

3:48 PM  
Blogger Brynne said...

Those mittens are beautiful!

8:47 PM  
Blogger traveling knitter said...

Those Mittens are just beautiful!!!! They look very professional.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i saw those example mittens in the pattern works catalog this winter! too cute jenni! she will love them...by the way the girls look so cute posing! divas!!!!

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home