Friday, January 27, 2006

4 x 4 Meme

Brynne tagged the knitting group for this one, and I'm feeling up for the challenge! Here goes!

4 jobs you've had in your life:
1. Teacher, 8th grade Language Arts
2. Cashier, Cornelius Nursery (Very, very hot in the summer, but Eddie Russell was my boss, and he has to be the best boss ever! A wonderful person, through and through.)
3. Sales person, Marshall Field's Housewares (I was newly-wed, and spent most of my paycheck!)
4. Co-Director, Saturday Morning Experience (a program for GT kids thru Trinity University; probably the most fun I've had at a job-- I worked with two of the nicest teachers-to-be, with a whole bunch of great mentors and dozens of exceptional-- albeit challenging!-- kids!)

4 movies you could watch over and over:
1. Green Card-- I don't know for the life of me why I like this movie so much. I think it's the simple plot and the straightforward characaters-- and the unlikely match between Gerard DePardieu and Andie McDowell.
2. Pride and Prejudice-- the A&E version. Joey and I watched this every weekend we had to work on grades for two years, still watch it occasionally, and may never tire of it. We quote it to one another from time to time. Mansfield Park is a very close second to this one!
3. Love Actually-- my sister and I both like this one, and usually comandeer the t.v. for a night in Crested Butte to watch it. Good slumber-party kind of fun.
4. Rear Window-- good, classic Hitchcock. Joey introduced me to this one. I like just about any Jimmy Stewart b&w, and you almost can't go wrong with Hitchcock!


4 places you've lived:
1. Stillwater, OK (born here! My blood runs orange-- Go 'Pokes!)
2. Edmond, OK (mostly raised here)
3. San Antonio, TX (great place for college)
4. Houston, TX

4 tv shows you love to watch:
1. 24-- my husband and I have watched all previous seasons on DVD because we find the week-to-week waiting too painful. But we're trying to make an exception for this season, because the first four hours were so good!
2. Law and Order SVU-- I really like the main characters on this. I think I'm attracted to "crime solving" shows because I like to feel like there's order and justice in the world-- or at least folks trying to preserve what they can.
3. Maya and Miguel-- PBS afternoon kids show, which I watch with Katie when she gets off the bus. I really liked Liberty's Kids better, being a fan of American History, but it was replaced.
4. O'Reilly Factor-- I don't watch this all that regularly, but I still get kick out of it-- I alternately cheer Bill on and yell at him. And he doesn't yell back, so I get to be right.


4 places you've been on vacation:
1. Panama City Beach, Florida (glorious vacations with my grandparents when they were still alive. They never minded being awakened early by me, and Grandaddy never tired of playing on the beach with his grandkids. It was a good life.)
2. Crested Butte, Colorado (every summer since I was 5 yrs. old, many winter vacations)
3. Glacier Nat'l Park, Montana-- and Prince-of-Wales in Alberta, Canada (a wonderful honeymoon with a wonderful man-- and salt-licking goats. A trip to remember!)
4. Crested Butte, Colorado (who needs Disney World when you can have these views?!)

4 websites you visit daily:
1. bloglines.com
2. google.com
3. amazon.com (I like to play with my cart. Put things in, take things out, move them to "save for later." It's a sickness, I think.)
4. allrecipes.com or familyfun.com-- both are good resources


4 of your favorite foods:
1. Chocolate-covered peanuts
2. "Everything" Bagels
3. IZZE sodas, any flavor (pomegranate is current fave)
4. Coffee, and anything that goes with it

4 places you'd rather be right now:
1. Crested Butte, Colorado
2. Yarntopia (of course!)
3. Prince-of-Wales Hotel, bar lobby overlooking the glacial lake (I'd take my knitting group. Oh, would we have fun!)
4. My bed, with my girls cuddled up, reading stories. (Would be there, but they're fighting right now. Ah, the sibling rivalry.)

4 people to tag:
Well, the knitting group is already s'posed to be doing this one! (If you haven't yet, consider yourself re-tagged! This was a fun one!)

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I wish I was at Yarntopia too! I'm tired of all of the red tape.

Amy

12:20 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

everyone wishes they were there :) i loved your meme!

7:53 AM  
Blogger traveling knitter said...

Great Meme!!! I am so curious about Crested Bute now! I want to go see for myself. :) I travel to OK ALL the time....I FEEL like my blood runs orange. :)

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home