Sunday, August 27, 2006

Mini-Post

Thought I'd revive my blog with a mini-post. Much less painful than a catch-up post including all of my wonderful knitted creations. (Well, knitted creations haven't actually been that numerous. Life has been good-- and busy-- and I'll post pics tomorrow!)

I had grand plans to lose weight this summer, but only ended up adding around 10 to my already wide girth. I'm back at TaeKwonDo (green belt now, so I get to spar. Won't be posting pictures of that anytime soon, I promise), which helps, and I've been exercising on my own some, and I have a friend starting Weight Watchers with me this week, so there's hope. I live in a place where the "neuveau-riche" soccer moms run rampant, the kind who wear tight jeans and low-cut tops, push their kids to WIN!, spend equal (long) hours at the gym and at the salon, and have a Bluetooth permanently implanted in their ear (although they don't work outside the home).

(You know, I think the best place that I've met truly kind, authentic, warm people is in my knitting group. Even as we've grown, the ladies still-- to a one-- fit that general profile-- kind, authentic, and warm. How wonderful is that!)

I found this post via a link that Catherine shared (it's a link from Love, Honor, and Dismay, another wonderful blog) and thought I might pass it on. So many of us are so hard on ourselves because of our weight-- I'm one of the first to feel uncomfortable and unworthy and duck my head because of it-- that we forget where our real value lies. I know that it's said so much that this sounds cliche, but if you're interested, here's a link to a wonderful blog that puts it beautifully in perspective: Blog Antagonist

4 Comments:

Blogger Brynne said...

Oh, Jenni... Don't feel bad. Those soccer moms suck, okay? They're not there for their kids like they should be, they're there for themselves. Looking good is one thing, but being totally self-absorbed is another.

I've missed you so much this summer, between vacations and kids and everything. Maybe John and I will just randomly show up one day soon. :)

Okay, let's see if posting at 3:30 in the morning makes me think I sound like an idiot tomorrow. I'm up due to a co-sleeping toddler (who SO needs his own bed) taking up all the space...

1:36 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

A pox on the soccer moms!!!!

Amy

4:38 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

Jenni! it was soooo good to see you last night.:) sorry i had to skip out so quickly! i have been struggling with my girth as well, and can't seem to take off the 30 that i need too :( if your not working on a regular basis we need to have lucnch one day next week!!!!!! healthy lunch ;)

4:44 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Jenni, you are one of those rare people who lights up a room. From the first time we met, and every time we've seen each other since then, you make me feel like something wonderful has happened, just by us being in the same space! You have the most brilliant aura...you are gorgeous!! I, too, battle the weight-demons...but we are more than that. You know it, and I know it.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home