Sunday, July 15, 2007

Work it Baby!


Two finished items to share! And I had my bestest models to show them off!

The first is A-Clapotis-of-My-Very-Own. Since everyone who's picked up needles in the last three years has done one, it seemed appropriate for me to finally create one of my own! (Sadly, this is the first knitted item I've worked for myself-- everything heretofore has been a gift, and often gifted before I could be bothered to take pictures. This is truly a celebratory entry!

Clapotis
Started June 17th and completed July 6-- while in the Channel Islands and then in Colorado!
Yarn: Handmaiden Silk Maiden in "Yarntopia" colorway


Dragonfly Shawl, pattern by Yarntopia's own Karen Edmondson (I am a true fan!)

Started June 27 and finished July
Yarns: Manos del Uruguay as the base, Dragonfly (Crystal Palace), a couple of Tilli Thomas ribbon yarns, Little Flowers, and a black chenille (Project was underwritten by my mother, who thankfully supports my habits, making the TT yarns possible!)

My brother John is tying the knot on October 13 to a women who is absolutely terrific (she seems to mostly like us, too, which works!); her wedding colors are red and black, so this is for Kelly.

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Way to go Jenni! They are beautiful.

Amy

6:34 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Very nice FOs!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Ooooh! I love what you did with Dragonfly Wings! And your girls are getting soooo grown up. See you soon!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home