Monday, February 11, 2008

I have been working towards my Masters in Library Science so that I can return to education as a school librarian. One of the professors in the program is Dr. Lesesne; her speciality is Young Adult Lit., and she maintains a blog with wonderful reviews of current Young Adult fiction (wow, is it different than it was 25 years ago!). I haven't had the pleasure of taking a class from her (the university is in Huntsville, Texas, and she's taught classes at distance ed locations almost everywhere but here, it seems!), but I love to read her blog. I found this there, and thought it was really wonderful. Words, even as few as six at a time, can be powerful.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

(I tried to send you an e-mail but I must have an old address for you)Hi Jenni,

How are you? I just saw that you are going to be teaching knitting at my old church in Katy. That is great! I knit a baby hat for the Midwife group before we left and I still receive the e-mails. I hope you get a good turn out.

I still have your size 11 dpns. Sorry! I only have 3 of them, is that all that I borrowed from you? I'm going to finish that bag that I needed them for in the next few weeks. I finally learned how to seam, so I'm finishing up some projects that just need to be assembled. I can't believe it took me four years to finally feel comfortable seaming! I will be sending your needles back soon. If I did have the whole set, please let me know and I will replace them if you haven't already.

Sarah :)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Ms. Yingling said...

I'm so sorry you didn't get the job. I volunteered for five years at the library where I was eventually hired, since I was at home with my own children, who are now all vastly aged. Something will turn up. And it will involve BOOKS!

8:08 AM  
Blogger asda said...

hi 上來跟大家問聲好~~ 別玩得太累~~.................................................................

6:41 PM  
Blogger alamomamma said...

Jenni:
You left a comment on my blog about what is going on in Katy. Wanted to let you know I'm working on the answer and will use it as my next post. In the meantime, I wanted you to know I, too, love to knit and am so glad to now know about your blog. In fact, there are a couple of us who knit at the school board meetings and we think you should come sit with us! Your work is beautiful! Anyway... Thanks again for the post!
Chris Crockett

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home